He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home. The chronicles of Logan.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Knee In The Face

Sadly, that has been the most exciting part of my life lately. After my scheduled fight for last week was cancelled, I tried, unsuccessfully, to get a fight in South Dakota for Saturday. Saturday evening I was putzing around with the sheep while laying down some mulch at the grandparent's Clark when I received a call asking if I could fight in an event in Medina (a far NW suburb of Minneapolis). It was 5:30 and the event was scheduled for 8. I accepted and got to Roch at 6 to meet up with my ride.
I got to the event as it was started and had missed the fighter's meeting. My opponent was around, so I introduced myself. We fought about an hour after I had arrived. I felt uncomfortable and improperly warmed up, but it was time to fight, so I had to fight. It went all three rounds. I dominated the first and third and took some damage in the second (that knee from the title). But I won a unanimous decision. So that is okay.

School is busy. Couple of tests and a paper due this week. Wooo! Other than that, I am just fighting and schooling. Boring. Boring. Boring. No real romantic prospects. How sad.

I'll look into doing something exciting, but right now I am focused on training for my fight in Rochester November 18th. My opponent is tough and skilled, and this should definitely be my biggest test. My cardio must improve.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no interesting literature for you right now? now that is sad. i went to my first reading ever last night it was a poet guy named James Tate and he was hilarious. you know what i like funny poets. a lot.

10:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home