He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home. The chronicles of Logan.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Flash like all the stars are out...

This night I went for a run in the park. Isn't it interesting how the city is actually more intrusive during the night than the day? At least, that was the appearance this evening. The park's enjoyment level isn't necessarily dependent on that one factor, but it certainly changes the way in which I appreciate it.
I have the ability to completely shut out the things outside my current experience, if I choose to (I don't actually know, I could be a dirty liar too). So, when I am at a place like Whitewater, I am usually trying to make that be my whole world. While I may use that time to sort out things in the other world, there is this great level of seperation that changes my thoughts about those situations.
On the flip side, when I am in the city park, it is easier to appreciate the space as being a bit of goodness in the middle of the bustlin' urban area that is Winona (hehe, sorry, I am trying not to laugh). Anyway, this same thing was true when I was in Saint Cloud and Saint Paul as well. The parks there are more noticeable for the respite they provide. But I can't seperate the two worlds as is possible in the country parks.
Saint Cloud was interesting because the same things that would intrude on my experience at the country parks (cornfields, hunters) seemed to add to the seperation in that experience. Isn't it odd how the experience is changed by the smallest things?
The headlights I experienced during my run this evening never fell upon me, but they stilled destroyed my vision and made me frighten some other users by letting me sneak up on them (I guess that wasn't all bad).
I haven't decided if I am going to choose a prefered experience, but I am leaning towards the country parks. Actually, not leaning, I chose. You city people miss out.
Plus, you can't close your eyes and walk blind down the trails in the city parks there ar entirely too many other users, rude folks, and muggers. Plus, city parks never have logs, rocks, or mud in the paths.

"Look at our little mutant babies."

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home