He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home. The chronicles of Logan.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Pedal to the Pavement

Slower than a half-throttled automobile, less powerful than a children’s motor scooter, unable to avoid even the smallest bumps… ”Look, out the rear view,” “It’s a jogger,” “It’s a moped,” “It’s Logan’s bicycle…” Yes, you are correct, I am a bicyclist.
Every morning I set out from my safe little hideaway of an apartment and venture forth to save the world by turning in my work on time. I am fond of this activity, but I am sometimes reminded of the downfalls of my chosen means of conveyance. When I hear rumors of rain, I am hesitant. At times I dread weaving past the motor vehicles at my one stop sign on the way to campus. And I would relish the day that the many cracks and potholes along the way were repaired.
But I do not expect such things and will continue to contentedly trek to my classes each morning with a smile on my face. I enjoy the idea that I can leave the road at any time to explore a new space. When I see a pretty young lady on the sidewalk, I am not forced by the vehicles behind me to keep moving along at the posted speed. My time can be taken or I can even stop to chat if I please. But that is just one example of the benefits of my two-wheeled, motor-less contraption.
There is more that I could rave about, but it is time to get to class.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home