He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home. The chronicles of Logan.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A Useless But Slightly Entertaining Post.

Hmmm, been a bit since I simply talked about what I am up to and I figured out why. I don't do anything. All I seem to do is go to school, go to my internship, work at my g-parents, and then occasionally party on weekends.

Last weekend, Brad and I disapeared for saturday night to make sweet love in the woods somewhere in Wisconsin. So, yeah, River Falls was pretty fun, but I am still amazed by the fact that any college town would not have a 24-hr Perkins, McDonald's, or seemingly any 24-hr business of any kind; except, of course, the vast shirt-stealing horny drunk girl business. Oh well, at least Danny got a shirt out of the weekend too then. I was going to give it to Sarah, but Danny has bigger breasts and that wins everytime.
Also, and this is amazing, Bob Predmore did not have a single bit of food in all of his room or at least I couldn't find any. I went from 4pm saturday afternoon until 11am sunday morning without food and not much water either. Now that is not too long, but I did not ask to cut weight anymore and I simply thought it was interesting that Bobby wouldn't have a crumb for me. He must clean out the fridges to make room for fluids each weekend. Good thinking.
Brad and I are law breakers. I even vandalized a sign on a hiking trail in Red Wing. There is probably a warrant out for us in Hazard County now. Cool beans. Oh, Brad, let me know how our pretty pictures turned out. Hmmm, I just thought of this: did I leave my camera at Bob's? I had best check my glovebox and I hope I don't get it back in a couple weeks with any tasteless butt crack pictures.

My grandmother is one funny lady. She gives me money sometimes for the work I do out there, and she does it in funny ways. The other day I got a $25 handshake with the five around the twenty and the message: "Here is a few dollars for food money at wrestling tonight." I should also note that she was going to wrestling that night as well. It is fun to catch her digging out money when she thinks I am not looking. It doesn't work to refuse it either, not that I would, I am too darn poor to do anything of that sort.

Turns out that I am an instinctive coon-basher. The other day I was wandering in the woods when I suddenly saw a big ol' coon staring at me out of a little gully. By reflex I grabbed my dog and reached for a club. It be in my blood I think. Turns out, it was dead in another man's trap and I didn't get to kill it, but I probably did help out my dog by grabbing it and not letting it get caught up in the other traps around there.

Yeah, I really am a nature nerd. I now keep gardening and plant books next to me at the computer, everywhere else too, and seem to read them constantly. I sure hope my g-parents don't mind me taking down a few trees and attempting to change out a good number of the plants there for more desirable native trees, shrubs, and flowers. Also, I just gained a worker to help me with the work who will be available in a couple weeks. I have the task of keeping Dan Gray's weight down, that means that I get to put him to work with an ax. Good for him and good for me.

Alright, I will come back with a nerdy, environmental sissy type post next time. I am sure anybody who reads this just loves all that.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home