He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home. The chronicles of Logan.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.

Well, this one ain't good at all. The bird flu has now been found in Turkey and Romania. I don't generally like to get caught up in any sort of crazy talk or worrying, but this one might be a good one to join in on. This strand of the virus is difficult to transmit to humans, but it does have an over 50% kill rate (60/117) when it does. This isn't the part that is worrisome, it is the possibility of mutation that will get you all.
Let me know when it makes it to the U.S. and begins to mutate as I will then head off to the grandparents woods and will be back to visit, but probably not to stay, in six months to a year. So, if I happen to disapear, don't come looking for me. I don't want to know you.

That was a pleasant way to start of the morning. Well, that and editing an essay, what a blast.

Oh, come on down to Onalaska Saturday night for the next gun show. Should be a grand old time. If you pay me a dollar extra I will elbow a guy once for you.

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Logan Clark said...

good. we need people like you around. do all viruses eventually mutate or is it just luck of the draw? why have we seen super-virusi in some instances, but absolutely nothing for some others. random is no fun. i bet you can come up with something better than that.
Oh, and I will edit the post just for you.

4:27 AM

 
Blogger Logan Clark said...

I figured out how I rationalized that one. I was under the impression that most virusi mutate and that the virusi that we see today are not the same as olden days. Therefore, I was thinking that there is a high likelihood that the virus would mutate, however, for whatever idiotic reason I put "factor". Can I put "probability" if it is completely at random or do I need to say "likelihood" or am I completely wrong about most virusi having mutated at some point?

5:40 AM

 
Blogger Logan Clark said...

Damnit, this learning is fun.

9:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home