He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home. The chronicles of Logan.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

You'll see it's all a show.

I am supposed to be writing an essay about my experiences working in diverse populations. They are diverse as long as they are something different from mine, but I have no real way of determining whether they are all that different from mine. I could claim that working with the farm kids while a counselor at 4-H camp was working with a different group since I am a town-boy (despite the fact that my redneckitude is obvious to all who know me). It would probably be easier to focus on my one year spent in Saint Paul though and I will probably fall back on talking about working with kids at Hancock Elementary and the local YMCA.
Anyway, that won't happen until I get ambitious, so, until then, I will continue looking at the newly arrived Fleet Farm Toy Catalog and thinking about buying Kylie a Red Ryder rifle or at least a fake tractor. What three-year-old girl wouldn't love such things?

Anyone here know the Japanese verb Bushusuro? "To do the Bush thing" is still apparently used as slang for vomiting. Young folks out there, do you happen to know why? This is a test of your obscure and trivial political knowledge.

Oh, I don't recall if I ever blogged on this, but I can recall bitching about it in conversations with people. Congratulations are in order for this family. Sadly, I will still probably watch the next Discover Channel special on them just so I can renew my disdain for them.

"I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship."

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home