He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction. Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home. The chronicles of Logan.

Monday, October 24, 2005

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Well well, I have come down with something. Apparently a combination of active lethargy (that's right, I said it), lack of sleep, and a generally poor attitude have done me in.
I had an activish weekend, but I don't know that I will write about it. Most likely this illness came in during all the time I spent planting bulbs yesterday evening. I was dominating so it makes sense that I have to pay for it now. The daffodils, tulips, croci (this is too easy), and windflowers will reward us come Spring.

"I've got a light bulb full of anger
And I can switch it on and off
Situation that can be so bright
I can't believe
How pathetic we can be"

The English Major Retreat is this evening. I don't think they should be allowed to call it a "retreat" as we aren't going anywhere. At least take me out for some autumn camping. Oh well, free pizza.

(different tune)
"The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say."

The original M.A.S.H. movie made it down here with me this time. Good stuff. I wonder how long until I will get that bookshelf out of the back of the truck or the ugly table thingy or when I will remember to pay a few of my bills.

"The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat."

Hopefully I recover and dominate my tests in the next couple of days. Hmm...I should write that paper too. Oh, and I want to make it to the state park again.
Right now another nap is looking good...ah...but I have a "retreat" to be getting to.
My whole life has been a retreat.

"A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'"

Charge!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home